Who must purchase an Assembly ticket?
Annual Assembly Tickets are the way our community monetarily supports the CSA. All persons aged three (3) years and older who live on or rent** CSA, Wildewood or Golf Lane (addresses 1702–1854 Golf Lane) Association properties, Associate Members, and all other individuals who wish to use CSA grounds and participate in Assembly activities, lessons and events including swimming, tennis, Arts & Crafts or use the CSA beaches are required to register and pay fees. Cottage owners must inform renters of their responsibilities to purchase Assembly tickets and must see that fees are paid. Click here for information on registering your renters.

**Owners: To access a fillable pdf Renter Registration Form - Click Here. First download the form, complete it and save it. Either print and mail the completed form via USPS or email the completed form to: Lou-Ann Willsey, CSA Office Manager, at the address listed on the bottom of the form.

Who are the voting members of the Congregational Summer Assembly? The CSA’s official membership is made up of individuals who are CSA Lot Owners and Associate Members. These individuals are the voting members of the Assembly and with their votes make key decisions that guide and support the Board of Trustees, administrators, and the community.

Do I have to register each year, even if I don’t come every summer and is there a minimum number of weeks that I need to register in order to keep my membership?
Everyone is expected to register at the CSA Office upon first arriving at the CSA for the number of weeks they are in attendance during the season.

In addition, all voting members, CSA Lot Owners and Associate Members, are invoiced two-weeks registration fees at the beginning of the calendar year. These payments are applied to their first two weeks of registration for the current season. If you are at the Assembly longer than two weeks, you are expected to register for all the weeks you are present during the season. If you are unable to be at the Assembly during the season, the two week payment is the member's annual good faith contribution to the ongoing financial well-being of the Assembly.  

What does it cost to purchase an Assembly ticket?
Our current registration fee is $40 per person, per week.

Do I have to pay separately for tennis lessons, swimming lessons, arts and crafts, and afternoon recreational sports for my children?
Your CSA registration fees include all these activities.

What do I need to pay for, beyond my Assembly ticket?
There are additional charges for the following (click here to go to the fees section of the website):
1. Racquet Fee for all "Tennis" Courts age 16 and older
2. Boat buoy or mooring line, sail boats, canoes, kayaks, and SUPs at the CSA Crystal Lake beach
3. Boat space on the CSA dock
4. Water line fees if on the CSA well
5. CSA mailbox
6. Vehicle sticker

May I pay to register members of my family whose names are not part part of my Household record?
Yes, if those family members are CSA, Wildwood or Golf Lane Association lot owners, Associate Members, or Renewable Assembly Ticket holders. You may not register family members outside of your Household who do not meet these requirements unless they are residing with you. If they are residing with you, you may register them as House Guests. You may pay those family registrations and your own fees with the same check or credit card.

What about registering guests?
You may register guests if you are a CSA Lot Owner or an Associate Member. Guests pay the same fees as members – $40 per person, per week. The Board of Trustees working with the Membership Committee approved an updated Guest Policy at the April 2024 Board of Trustees Meeting. Click this link to read the policy. If you are not a CSA Lot Owner or Associate Member, you may have guests at your cottage but we cannot provide them with the benefits of registered guests (e.g., stickers for cars, boats, tennis or using the beaches). 

How do I know what type of member I am?
You may ask in the Office during the season. Year round you may email Lou-Ann Willsey, Office Manager/Database Coordinator at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and she can tell you. You also may update information on property ownership in the Assembly, Wildewood or Golf Associations by talking with Lou-Ann. Proper documentation - e.g. property deed, Trust, purchase documents, mortgage paperwork is required to show proof of ownership.

What does it mean to be an Associate Member?
Associate Membership will make you an “official” part of our community, eligible for volunteer leadership positions on committees and the Board of Trustees, as well as voting privileges on certain topics that come before the community during the Annual Meeting. With an Associate Membership you are making a statement that you believe in the unique experience the CSA affords our community and is a place you actively support through your time, talent, and monetary contributions. There are many individuals in our community eligible for Associate Membership who have a long-standing relationship with the CSA. They are 18 years or older and have purchased, or had an Assembly Ticket purchased for them, for a period of at least one week over ten different summers. They love coming to the CSA and care about its future. Click here to read the Associate Membership Invitation.

When will my children need their own record?  
At age 18 a child may create their own record. 

How do I update my record - new home, cottage, or email address; new phone number; new household member - spouse, partner, baby? You may ask in the Office during the season. Year round you may email Lou-Ann Willsey, Office Manager/Database Coordinator at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and she help you.


Does the CSA accept credit cards?
Yes, but only during the nine-week season. The rest of the year cash and checks are required. Beginning the summer of 2021, those who opt for the convenience of using a credit card at the CSA will have the 3% credit card processing fee added to their total charge. Of course, we will continue to offer check and cash payment options with no added charge. Click here to read the announcement.

What else can I purchase at the CSA office?
You can purchase CSA clothing, directories (if in stock), trash bags and other CSA-related items at the office.


Can I rent a boat mooring?
CSA moorings are limited and in high demand. Boat owners must be assigned a mooring by the Managing Director or the Office Manager and may rent by the week or the season. Registering for a mooring must be completed electronically. CSA Mooring Request Form requests using the form will be handled as they are received. You will need to provide your own 6-foot-long mooring line that is between ½” to 5/8” in diameter depending on boat size/weight.

Can I rent a space to store my boat at the CSA-owned boat dock? You must apply to the Office Manager for one of our 24 shore stations. Boat owners must provide their hoist (shore stations). Currently fees for renting include installation and removal of your hoist.

Where can I sign up for the tennis tournaments?
Tournament sign-ups are located in the Assembly Building Community Room. They are put out the week before the start of the tournament. You must have purchased an Assembly Ticket and Woods Court sticker for the weeks of the tournaments to be eligible to play.

May I take books out of the CSA’s adult and children’s libraries?
Yes. Please sign out books borrowed from the children’s library. Please be sure to return all books so that others can enjoy them.

Help! I forgot the combination to my CSA mailbox.
The CSA office team will be happy to provide you with your combination.

Do I keep the same CSA mailbox over the years?
You will keep the same box as long as you continue to pay for it.

May I have packages delivered to the Assembly address? 
Packages from FEDEX, UPS and Amazon may be delivered to the Assembly Building for those who live in locations not accessible by the delivery trucks. Please limit your orders to smaller packages that easily may be brought in and out of the building. During Office hours, packages will be placed on a cart in the Office Lobby for pickup. After hours, the packages will be locked in the Assembly Office. Sending packages to the Assembly is at your own risk. The CSA is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.

My name is on the “General Delivery” list on the bulletin board. What does that mean?
A letter or package was delivered to your name at the CSA Assembly Building address (and you don’t have a CSA mailbox). You may pick the mail/package up at your convenience when the office is open.

When is the trash picked up? Where do I purchase the required yellow trash bags?
Garbage pick-up is on Tuesdays and Fridays on the CSA grounds, South Shore Drive and M-22, Crystalia, Wildewood and Golf Lane. Plan to have your trash out, ready for pick-up by 7:00am. You may purchase the yellow bags required for trash pick-up at the CSA office, or at Family Fare market in Frankfort.

Where do I sign up for youth activities?
The CSA Youth Programs organize regular social, educational, and sports-oriented activities. This is a welcoming, fun, and enthusiastic environment for youth to connect with one another. We have programs for two age groups: Middle School and High School. Typical activities include – game night, bonfires and s'mores, volleyball, rafting down the Platte River and much more. The activities are planned a week in advance and posted each Sunday by 4 pm on the porch of the Assembly Building and at this link.

How can I find out who the church minister will be this Sunday?
Check the rack to the left of the office window. There is a handout with info about the church services and bible studies. It is also posted on this website under Activities -> Spiritual Life. It is also posted on the website at this link: https://summerassembly.org/activities-new/spiritual-life/232-2023-minister-schedule

When are choir practices held?
Our choir practices Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m. All singers with some experience in reading music are welcome.

May I use the CSA office copy machine?
Yes, for a fee of 15 cents per page.

What are the emergency and security contact numbers?
911 for fire, police, etc. Paul Oliver is the local hospital (Park Avenue) and number is 352-2200. The Defibrillator: On the exterior west wall of the Assembly Building is an automatic external defibrillator with built-in instructions to guide you in using it. Amy Somero, Managing Director: Office: 352-4751; Cell: 231-499-0257 

Where can I recycle?
A: 924 Main Street. Turn off Main Street by Port City Smokehouse and look for the bright red bins. Here is what you can recycle together in one bin:

  • Clean tin & aluminum containers
  • Clean glass & bottles
  • All numbers of plastic including plastic bags
  • Paper and flat boxes including magazines & junk mail
  • Aseptic packaging (juice boxes, milk cartons)
  • Polystyrene packaging that has a #6 on it (clean take-out packaging, produce trays, cups, etc.)
  • Shredded paper and mixed paper can still be placed in the bin inside a paper bag.
  • Plastic bags emptied of contents and placed loosely in the bin. Tear open your bag and let items drop into the bin.

Everyone is asked to continue using the school cardboard trailers when you have a quantity of cardboard to recycle. Students receive money for cardboard collected at the school trailers.

Last summer Family Fare market in Frankfort also provided 24-hour recycling for cans and plastic/glass bottles.