Her background was in the physical sciences – in chemistry/physics/math, and she was working in a research lab at Washington University in St. Louis where her husband Bob had entered medical school (at age 30 after several years of teaching physics at Vanderbilt). He went back to school and she went back to work – now with 2-year-old twin daughters, Kathy and Julie. And it was that decision that brings us to today.
- The Ecology Fun program - which has seen large numbers of children enrolled each year
- Internships for college-age students
- A Junior Ecology Intern program for students aged 12-16 – from both Frankfort and the CSA
- A community cleanup at Crystal Beach to remove invasive plants, teaching others how to identify common invasives
- Replacement of invasive species with native plantings in an area of CSA forest
- ID Guides to “Summer Birds of the CSA,” “Native Wildflowers at CSA,” “Invasive Species at the CSA”