CSA Office / Membership


Associate Membership Initiative

During the October 2015 Board of Trustees Meeting the Board voted unanimously to move forward with a Membership Committee proposal to extend Associate Membership to all individuals who qualify. There are many individuals who have long standing with the CSA. These are individuals who are age 18 years or older and purchased, or had a privilege ticket purchased for them, for a period of at least one week over ten different summers. They love coming to the CSA and care about its future. Many of these people don’t know they are eligible, and some think they are already Associate members because of their family relationships. Many have come here for a lifetime and they represent a broad age range.

Associate Membership will make these individuals an official part of our community. With membership you are making a statement that you believe the CSA is a place you want to support. So we invite these friends and family members to come join our community, where generations of families have grown up enjoying the same kinds of summer pleasures over 100 years… picnics, the beach, family-oriented activities, speakers, square dances, community potluck dinners, movies on the beach, teen activities, kids’ sports like softball and soccer games, children’s dance nights and art classes.

The Membership Committee has identified approximately 1,200 individuals who qualify for Associate Membership. A letter will be mailed to these individuals by February 2017 inviting them to become members. The brief Q&A below will be included to help explain the advantages and responsibilities that accompany Associate Membership.

1. Q. Why am I getting this letter?

A. The Membership Committee has been working to identify all adult individuals who meet the requirements for Associate Membership. Knowing “Who” we are as a community is vitally necessary for the purposes of planning, staffing, budgeting, and programming in order to meet the mission of the C.S.A., “To promote the physical, intellectual, moral, and religious welfare of the constituency which it seeks to serve.”

2. Q. How did I qualify for this distinction?

A. You are eligible for associate membership because of your lengthy association with the CSA. You may have been an owner and are no longer named on the deed or you may be a spouse, an adult child, grandchild, or renter of an owner of CSA, Wildewood, or Golf Lane property. You may be related to an Associate Member, or have been a house guest for a number of years. Because of this lengthy association with the Assembly you meet the qualifications for associate membership.

3. Q. What does it mean to be an Associate Member?

A. Associate members have access to full participation in the CSA community. You may serve on the Board of Trustees, vote at the Annual Meetings (votes on certain issues are restricted to owners only), your family members become eligible to purchase privilege tickets and establish their own official association with the CSA. Finally, your house guests have access to all activities covered by their Assembly Privilege Ticket.

4. Q. What does it cost (if anything) to be an Associate Member?

A. Associate members are billed annually the equivalent of a two week individual privilege ticket (currently $56). You will receive an invoice for this association fee in the spring each year. This amount will then be credited towards your registration the next summer. If you do not register that next summer, or if you are only able to register for one week, then the balance of your association fee would be used to help the CSA maintain its services and infrastructure for the next time you are able to join us. If you forget to pay, or cannot pay in a given year, the amount will be carried over for up to five years at which time your associate membership will lapse. If after a certain period of time you wish to be reinstated as an Associate, there is a nominal (currently $28) reapplication fee added to the five years of lapsed association fees.

Q. If I do not chose to become an Associate Member at this time will I still be able to purchase a privilege ticket?

A. Yes, and if at a later date you chose to become an Associate Member, you may do so at that time.


Who must purchase an assembly privilege ticket?
All persons residing on the Assembly grounds or in the Wildewood-Golf Lane areas, renters, house guests and live-in child care or domestic help are required to purchase Assembly Privilege Tickets for the entire time they are in residence during the season. This also applies to Associate Members and their house guests and to renewable privilege ticket holders. Cottage owners must inform renters of their responsibilities to purchase Assembly Privilege Tickets and must see that fees are paid. Everyone over the age of three must pay fees.

Do I have to register each year, even if I don’t come every summer and is there a minimum number of weeks that I need to register in order to keep my membership?
No, you should only register for the years that you are here. If you can’t make it one summer, don’t worry – your membership status is still secure. Just register for the number of weeks that you will be here and using the facilities.

What does it cost to purchase an assembly privilege ticket and should I still pay for a privilege ticket if I don’t use the facilities?
Our current registration fee is $28 per person, per week. You should only pay for the weeks when you will be using the facilities.

Do I have to pay separately for tennis lessons, swimming lessons, arts and crafts, and afternoon recreational sports for my children?
Your CSA registration fees include all of these activities.

What do I need to pay for, beyond my privilege ticket?
There are additional charges for the following (see fees section of Web site for details):
1. Woods tennis courts usage
2. Boat buoy or mooring line off CSA beach
3. Boat space on the CSA dock
4. Water line fee
5. CSA mailbox
6. Vehicle sticker

Can I register members of my family whose names do not appear on my registration form?
Yes, as long as those family members have files of their own. You may pay those family registrations and your own fees with the same check.

What about registering guests?
You may register guests if you are a lot owner or an associate member. Guests pay the same fees as members – $28 per person, per week. If you are not a lot owner or associate member, you may have guests at your cottage but we cannot provide them with the benefits of registered guests (e.g., stickers for cars, boats, or tennis rackets)

How do I know what type of member I am?
That information will appear on the upper right corner of your registration form. A sheet detailing the membership bylaw changes is available in the office.

What does it mean to be an associate member?
Associate members pay $56 in the spring that goes towards two weeks of their summer registration. However, this amount cannot transfer over to other family members. Associate members are able to vote on vital assembly issues.

When will my children need their own file and what about adding newborn children or changing my winter address?
At age 18 a child will need to create his/her own file. All these may be easily done at the CSA office.


Does the CSA accept credit cards?

What else can I purchase at the CSA office?
You can purchase CSA clothing, directories, trash bags and other CSA-related items at the office.


How may I reserve a buoy on the CSA mooring field?
Buoy reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. One side of the mooring field is reserved for sailboats. The other is reserved for motor boats. Inquire about available buoys when you register.

How do I obtain a place for my boat on the CSA dock?
There is a waiting list for a spot on the dock. If you are interested, speak to Ken Cox.

Do I need a Woods courts sticker in order to play in the July and August tennis tournaments?
Yes. You must have a woods courts sticker for the weeks of the tournaments.

May I take books out of the CSA’s adult and children’s libraries?
Yes. Please sign out books borrowed from the children’s library. Please be sure to return all books so that others can enjoy them.

Help! I forgot the combination to my CSA mailbox.
The CSA office team will be happy to provide you with your combination.

Do I keep the same CSA mailbox over the years?
You will keep the same box as long as you continue to pay for it.

When do FedEx and UPS come each day?
FedEx and UPS packages typically come in the afternoons, around 3 pm. Expect USPS packages to arrive around 11 am.

My name is on the “General Delivery” list on the bulletin board. What does that mean?
A letter or package was delivered to your name at the CSA Assembly Building address (and you don’t have a CSA mailbox). You may pick the mail/package up at your convenience.

When is the trash picked up? Where do I purchase the required yellow trash bags?
Garbage pick-up is on Tuesdays and Fridays on the CSA grounds, South Shore Drive and M-22. Plan to have your trash out, ready for pick-up by 7:30am.You may purchase the yellow bags required for trash pick-up at the CSA office, or at Family Fare market in Frankfort.

Where do I sign up for youth activities?
Youth activity sign-ups are located on a bulletin board just past the office window, directly across from the trophies.

How can I find out who the church minister will be this Sunday?
Check the rack to the left of the office window. There is a handout with info about the church services and bible studies. It is also posted on this website under Activities -> Spirtual Life.

When are choir practices held?
Our choir practices Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m. All singers with some experience in reading music are welcome.

May I use the CSA office copy machine?
Yes, for a fee of 15 cents per page.

Where can I sign up for the tennis tournaments?
Tournament sign-ups are located in the Assembly building, in the community room. They are put out the week before the start of the tournament.

What are the emergency and security contact numbers?
911  for fire, police, etc. Paul Oliver is the local hospital (Park Avenue) and number is 352-2200. The Defibrillator: On the exterior west wall of the Assembly Building is an automatic external defibrillator with built-in instructions to guide you in using it. Ken Cox, Managing Director: Office: 352-4751; Home: 352-9701 

Where can I recycle?
A: 924 Main Street. Turn off Main Street by Port City Smokehouse and look for the bright red bins. Here’s what you can recycle together in one bin:

  • Clean tin & aluminum containers
  • Clean glass & bottles
  • All numbers of plastic including plastic bags
  • Paper and flat boxes including magazines & junk mail
  • Aseptic packaging (juice boxes, milk cartons)
  • Polystyrene packaging that has a #6 on it (clean take out packaging, produce trays, cups, etc.
  • Shredded paper and mixed paper can still be placed in the bin inside a paper bag.
  • Plastic bags emptied of contents and placed loosely in the bin. Tear open your bag and let items drop into the bin.

Everyone is asked to continue using the school cardboard trailers when you have a quantity of cardboard to recycle. Students receive money for cardboard collected at the school trailers.

Last summer Family Fare market in Frankfort also provided 24-hour recycling for cans and plastic/glass bottles.  534 11th, Frankfort, MI

Contact the CSA

Congregational Summer Assembly
2128 Pilgrim Highway
Frankfort, MI 49635
231.352.4751 Office

Other important information ...

Fire and Police Emergencies: Call 911
Please pick up a fire policy sheet (bright orange) in the CSA office and post it in your cottage.

Local Hospital: 231.352.2200
Paul Oliver Hospital on Park Avenue provides emergency medical care.

Defibrillators: On the exterior west wall of the Assembly Building is an automatic external defibrillator with built-in instructions to guide you in using it. Additional defibrillators are located in the dog house on the CSA Crystal Lake beach, and also on the back porch of the Meeting House.


Managing Director
Kenneth Cox


Website Comments

Beth Congbalay