Sally Dutton

230h6 DuttonSally Dutton has been coming to the CSA since 1969 when she married Jim. His grandmother started the tradition and it now has extended to five generations. She has come up north every summer since then. Sally has many memories from over the years and enjoyed watching her children’s (and grandchildren’s) involvement in the operettas, swimming and other youth activities. Sally has been active in volunteer organizations in Tulsa where they have lived since 1981. In recent years she has become more active in Benzie County. She is currently serving on the BACN board and is involved with the completion and opening of the new building. Sally also has served on scholarship and membership committees at Crystal Downs. Sally’s family enjoys the annual time together on Crystal. Her daughter Lindsay Ruthven has two children, Sarah (16) and Hayden (14). Her son John has Kate (16) and Abby (15). They come from Cape Cod and Seattle to enjoy the traditions at the cottage. The Duttons have been supporters of CSA scholarships and an annual concert.

Julie Knott

230h6 KnottJulie Knott (Finley) has had the lifelong privilege of enjoying summers at the CSA. Some of her favorite memories include luncheons with her Grandma Finley at the Cherry Hut, endless days spent on the beach and in Crystal Lake, and priceless memories made with her siblings and cousins. Along with a bountiful career in summer babysitting, Julie’s first job at Crystal Lake was at Community Drug (now the Corner Drugstore) in Frankfort which allowed for a quick tennis game over the lunch break. What a great job to have! Julie has continued the CSA summer traditions with her husband, Jeff, and their two children, Andrew (17) and Callie (14). Julie is a native of Kansas City, but has called St. Louis home for over 20 years. She is an Occupational Therapist, primarily practicing in acute care hospital settings while specializing in neurological and cardiac rehabilitation. In her spare time Julie enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends. 

Susie Ratner

230h6 RatnerSusie Ratner (Van Tuyl/ Meyers) had spent all of her summers at the CSA - following the tradition of 3 generations of family before her.  She currently is part of the Art Fair Committee, running the food booth. Throughout her life she and her family have participated in and led in many CSA activities, ranging from tennis and swimming lessons to art classes and the operetta. She is married to Ian Ratner and has four children, William, Charlie, Natalia and Augie.  Susie is a clinical social worker in private practice.  She lives in Ho Ho Kus, NJ.  She loves swimming, skiing, hiking with her dogs, cooking, art, languages, music and traveling.

Andrew Gaffney

230h6 GaffneyAndrew Gaffney has been coming up to the CSA every season since he was an infant in the summer of 1987. His family rented around the CSA until they bought the Hughes Cottage on Fuller Avenue in 1996, at which point he started spending the whole season at the Assembly.  As a youth, he was active in all the wonderful activities the CSA has to offer, and has fond memories of learning tennis from Nate Dennison on the Crystal Lake courts, and participating in his first operetta, Father Marquette. He took his first job at the CSA, working as both a lifeguard under Leslie Ritter and a tennis instructor under Bob Brown. Originally spending his winters in Cincinnati, he went to college at Penn, after which he accepted a position at Google. His work as a Senior Strategist at Google has focused on developing and enforcing user-generated content policies and providing the company with actionable analytics and reporting solutions surrounding this work. Andrew currently lives in Brooklyn, New York, moving there after he was lucky enough to live and work remotely at the CSA last summer. 

Mike Lodes

230h6 LodesMike Lodes has been coming to CSA every summer since 1990, so that makes me the newbie by CSA standards. During my first visit I was the guest of second generation CSA member Kathleen Perry, daughter of Frank and the late Judy Perry. Even though we got married in 1993, I am still referred to as the “Perry Family," as is written on our beach chairs. That’s a good thing. We have raised our four children in St Louis MO and in Crystal Lake in the summer: MaryClare 27, Audrey 25, Perry 23, Fitz 21. I have been a financial advisor since 1991. I enjoy cycling and other athletics as well reading, and a wrist watch collection.