PRESS RELEASE June 18, 2021 July 1 UPDATE - auction location:
CSA ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR
10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Assembly Ball Field, M-22 at Crystal Lake
(2128 Pilgrim Highway)
Frankfort, MI – The Congregational Summer Assembly (CSA) will host its annual Arts and Crafts Fair on Wednesday, July 28, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine. With over 90 participating artisans from across Michigan and beyond, attendees will find:
- Decorative art, including pottery wall hangings to oil paintings, watercolors and fine photography of stunning local landscapes
- Wooden works – vases, bowls, birdhouses and furniture
- Children’s delights – handmade toddler outfits, American Girl doll clothes, books, pillows and blankets
- Handcrafted herbal soaps, paper goods, baskets and furniture
- Wearable art from t-shirts to dresses and hats
- Jewelry of all kinds, from pieces crafted from old silverware to those made with semi-precious stones
- Petoskey stone works of art - including jewelry, lamps, picture frames and furniture
The Cottage Treasures sale will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. inside the CSA Assembly Building, adjacent to the Fair
The Silent Auction, featuring new, theme baskets and items will be held in the Lounge area of the CSA Assembly Building. This popular attraction, which features area restaurant and retailer gift cards and activities available by bid, opens at 9:00m a.m. Final Bids must be placed by 1:30 p.m. and be picked up in the Lounge by 2:00 p.m.
Past year’s auction items included Rock’s Landing, Manitou and other area restaurant gift cards, golfing packages at Arcadia Bluffs, Interlochen Picnic Baskets items with tickets, and other creative gifts and area attractions. Come bid and win at the CSA Women’s Association Silent Auction!
The Crystal View Café (located at 2175 Pilgrim Hwy across M-22) will be open for take-out from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The CSA Arts and Crafts Fair is sponsored by the CSA Women’s Association to raise funds to support local charities and projects to enhance the CSA. Visit www.summerassembly.org for more information about the CSA and https://mynorth.com/2015/07/congregational-summer-assembly-arts-crafts-fair/ for a history of the CSA Art Fair.
Rain or shine, the Arts and Crafts Fair will be held on the CSA grounds, two miles north of Frankfort, where M-22 and Crystal Lake meet (2128 Pilgrim Highway). The CSA Fair offers a wide variety of arts and crafts by both amateur and professional artisans.
The registration fee (see schedule below) must be sent in with your application. Your cancelled check is your acceptance notification. If immediate notification of acceptance is desired, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The State of Michigan requires a valid Michigan Sales Tax License for fair exhibitors. All exhibits are shown at the exhibitor’s risk, freeing CSA from any liability.
In keeping with the philosophy of the CSA to promote the physical, intellectual and spiritual welfare of the community, no guns or gun-like toys will be sold at the CSA Arts and Crafts Fair. Out of respect for our artisans, we ask that no mass-produced (i.e., buy/sell) items be displayed or sold.
– The fair date is always the fourth Wednesday of July.
– Registration and set-up for the fair starts at 6:30 am. There will be absolutely no setting up the night before. No camping is permitted on the CSA grounds.
– Show time for the Fair is 10 am to 4 pm. No booth breakdown is permitted prior to close.
– Adult booth space is 11 x 11. If more space is needed, vender may apply for two booths.
– Application deadlines and Fees: Please note that the Adult booth fee is $70 for applications received by June 1st. After June 1st, the fee increases to $80 per booth. These fees also apply to CSA members.
– Teens and children may apply to exhibit in the designated children’s area. They will not be assigned a specific space. Fee is $10 for teens aged 13-18 and $5 for children 12 and under.
–Non-Profits will not be charged a fee to exhibit but space is limited and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
–Checks for all fees are to be made payable to CSA Women’s Association.