In recent years it is not uncommon to find that a third or more of the sail & motor boats, kayaks, and paddle boards in the CSA Crystal beach boat storage area do not have up-to-date stickers. Per the Rules and Regulations of the CSA - all boats of any type or size must be registered at the Assembly Office and the CSA boat sticker must be on each boat. All boats must be pulled up at least six feet up from the water. If members know that they will not be using their boat for a week or so, they should pull the boat farther up on the beach to leave room for boats in frequent use.
The Board of Trustees has received feedback that it is not fair that so many boats without stickers are getting “a free ride.” To increase compliance, the Board approved a plan to move unstickered boats to a Permit Detention Area (PDA) which is located behind the beach boat storage area, between the tree line and the road.
Starting Monday, July 10th 2017:
- Every Monday a member of the Waterfront Committee will check for unstickered boats. When the owner’s name is clear on the boat, Ken Cox will call that day to give the owner a chance to promptly sticker the boat.
- Every Wednesday the waterfront staff will move any remaining unstickered boats to the Permit Detention Area (PDA) - located behind the boats, between the tree line and the road. Owners will be responsible for getting a sticker and moving the boat back.
- Please do not take it out on the waterfront staff. They are only doing their job.
ALL boats stored in the CSA beach boat storage area must have a sticker – even paddle boards. Here are the sticker prices:
- Type A (butterfly): $10.00 per week
- Type B (larger): $18.00 per week
- Type C: (kayaks, paddleboards and canoes): $5.00 per week
No boats need to end up in the Permit Detention Area (PDA)! If you already have a sticker, put it on your boat. If you don’t, pick one up at the office and get it on your boat. You have until the end of the day on Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 to avoid the boat PDA.
The CSA has 2 waterfront areas for use by members – Crystal Lake and Lake Michigan.
Crystal Lake Rules: Crystal is a non-smoking beach
1. Trained lifeguards are on duty between the hours of 1:00 and 5:00 pm, and only when their presence is indicated by a Red Cross flag at the top of the beach flagstaff.
2. All trash must be deposited in the receptacles provided. All disposable diapers must be taken back to your cottage.
3. Bonfires are not permitted on the Crystal Lake Beach except at the designated fire pit below the Crystal View.
4. Dogs and other animals must not be brought onto the beach at any time.
5. Beer and alcoholic beverages are forbidden on the beach.
6. Radios are allowed only with personal earphones.
7. Use of cellphones is strongly discouraged.
Lake Michigan Rules:
PLEASE USE EXTREME CARE - USE OF THE MICIGAN BEACH IS NOT RECOMMENDED
1. Everyone must stay off the dunes. The stairs to the beach are CLOSED due to high water damage.
2. All trash must be places in containers provided or taken back to your cottage.
3. The use of glass containers is prohibited on the beach.
4. Dogs must be on a leash on the CSA Michigan beach and all animal waste must be picked up by the owners for proper disposal.
5. Participants at beach parties are expected to keep noise (radios, voices, singing) at a reasonable and courteous level. Strict quiet hours are posted from 11:00 pm – 8:00 am.
6. No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or fireworks are allowed on the beach.
7. Fire Rules:
* Firewood may be gathered from the beach or taken down from your cottage supply. It is prohibited to climb the dunes to pull out dead tree roots or other wood for your fire.
* Fire sites are to be established and left for the next group to use again whenever possible.
* Fires must be doused with water prior to abandoning them.