PILGRIM FUND SECRETARY - This is a paid position
Reports to: Pilgrim Fund Chair
Supervisory Function: None
Purpose: Provide Administrative Support to the Pilgrim Fund Board of Trustees
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with Word and Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with routine office functions such as filing, taking minutes, basic accounting functions, etc. knowledge of and experience with the Congregational Assembly strongly preferred.
- Recognize role and responsibilities as part of the overall mission of the CSA by exhibiting a spirit of cooperation, flexibility, and commitment to the team relationship with other CSA staff;
- Must be in residence for all Sunday Services.
- Arrange for altar flowers through Crystal Gardens.
- Contact Bayside Printing for status of blank Gwen Frostic paper for Sunday Bulletins.
- Email all scheduled Ministers regarding necessary service order items and deadlines.
In Season Duties:
- Contact scheduled minister each week for service of worship information.
- Input bulletin information, email bulletin to Bayside Printing for Friday pick up each week. Make sure (3) three copies of the bulletin are put into archivist’s box each week.
- With another person, count Sunday offering, recount offering, make out deposit slip and take to the bank. Give weekly deposit slips to the Pilgrim Fund Board of Trustees Chair, differentiating between “plate” offerings and any special dedicated gifts.
- Develop a spreadsheet with all weekly checks included so the end of the summer acknowledgement can be sent out.
- Attend Pilgrim Fund Board of Trustees meetings, take notes and type up minutes.
- Obtain the list of births and deaths for Celebration Of Life Sunday, using the Grey Book and CSA Website;
- Keep the schedule for Sunday flowers donations.
- Assist in writing and printing programs for any special event sponsored by the Pilgrim Fund, i.e., The Armstrong Memorial Concert, etc.;
- Write and mail out summer end donation acknowledgement/thank-you cards.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include extensive computer work, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented above indicates the general nature or level or work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply, so if you’re interested, and/or if you have questions about it, please E-Mail your questions or your resume with a cover letter to Tommy Williams, CSA HR Committee Chair,