Job Opening CSA Secretary:
This is a volunteer position. It starts in June 2018. You will shadow the current sectretary, Julie Walton, as she prepares for the June 30th & August 3rd, Board of Trustees Meetings and August 4th, 2018 Annual Meeting. You will be elected as Secretary at the Board of Trustees Reorganization Meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting. If you are interested in applying for the position, please contact CSA President Barbara Perry at
Below is a description of the duties:
The Secretary attends and takes minutes of all Board of Trustee meetings - Annual, Reorganization, and summer, fall-winter meetings - and ensures there is a quorum. Minutes must be accurate as they are the official record of the Assembly. The minutes of the Board meetings must be distributed to the Trustees within two weeks after regular summer meetings and within four weeks after the annual meeting or fall meeting. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with Assembly office staff to prepare for all Board meetings
- Remind committee chairs to submit written reports electronically at least three days before each summer meeting, and three weeks before the fall-winter meeting
- Make all arrangements for the fall-winter meeting, communicate these to all Trustees, Managing Director, Office Manager, and committee chairs, and prepare the meeting packet (print and/or electronic)
- Ensure that the published Bylaws (on the website) are up to date
- Update the list of Committee members and chairs each fall. The document is named CSA Official Committee Member List and is located on the CSA Google Drive
- Assist the office staff and managing director in editing the “galley” copies of the Assembly News
- Archive all reports and minutes for the Archivist. Minutes are labeled DRAFT until they are approved at the next regular meeting. A hard copy of all reports and minutes are filed by year. The Secretary keeps possession of two years’ worth of files, giving the third year to the Archivist each summer
The Congregational Summer Assembly Annual Meeting shall be held on Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in the Assembly Building, CSA, Frankfort, Michigan. The following business will be before the meeting:
The following four candidates have agreed to be nominated at the 2018 Annual Meeting to serve as trustees from 2018-2021:
1. David Belknap, 2. Carol Edmonds, 3. Cathie Walker, 4. Shannon Wise, 5. Beth Wolszon
Members eligible to vote who are unable to attend the Annual Meeting should file proxy votes with the secretary at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Proxy votes, which may be left at the office, must include the name of the voting member, name of the member authorized to vote in proxy, name and date of the meeting to which the proxy applies. No more than 7 proxy votes shall be held by one person. Associate Members are not permitted to designate proxies.
The following is a sample proxy which would apply to any business which properly may come before said meeting. You may limit such a proxy to certain issues or motions if you wish.
“Know all persons by these presents. That I _____________________________________________________________
of ____________________________________________________________________do hereby constitute and appoint _____________________________________
_______________________________________ my proxy at the meeting of the Congregational Summer Assembly to be held at C.S.A. on the ______day of 20____.
2016 Annual Meeting
2015 Annual Meeting