Job Opening CSA Secretary:
This is a volunteer position. It starts in June 2018. You will shadow the current sectretary, Julie Walton, as she prepares for the June 30th & August 3rd, Board of Trustees Meetings and August 4th, 2018 Annual Meeting. You will be elected as Secretary at the Board of Trustees Reorganization Meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting. If you are interested in applying for the position, please contact CSA President Barbara Perry at .
Below is a description of the duties.
The Secretary attends and takes minutes of all Board of Trustee meetings - Annual, Reorganization, and summer, fall-winter meetings - and ensures there is a quorum. Minutes must be accurate as they are the official record of the Assembly. The minutes of the Board meetings must be distributed to the Trustees within two weeks after regular summer meetings and within four weeks after the annual meeting or fall meeting. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with Assembly office staff to prepare for all Board meetings
- Remind committee chairs to submit written reports electronically at least three days before each summer meeting, and three weeks before the fall-winter meeting
- Make all arrangements for the fall-winter meeting, communicate these to all Trustees, Managing Director, Office Manager, and committee chairs, and prepare the meeting packet (print and/or electronic)
- Ensure that the published Bylaws (on the website) are up to date
- Update the list of Committee members and chairs each fall. The document is named CSA Official Committee Member List and is located on the CSA Google Drive
- Assist the office staff and managing director in editing the “galley” copies of the Assembly News
- Archive all reports and minutes for the Archivist. Minutes are labeled DRAFT until they are approved at the next regular meeting. A hard copy of all reports and minutes are filed by year. The Secretary keeps possession of two years’ worth of files, giving the third year to the Archivist each summer