Five Bylaw Amendments Approved at 2009 Annual MeetingJul 26th, 2009 | Category: Bylaws
At our 2009 Annual Meeting, held on Saturday July 25, the membership voted to adopt five proposed amendments to the bylaws. These five amendments pertain to:
1) Section II, Article A: Cleaned up the language on “Annual Meeting”‘,
2) Section II, Article B: Increased the notice time for special meetings from 10 to 21 days,
3) Section II, Article C: Increased the size of a quorum from 20 to 40 Members and clarified that proxies do not count in determining whether a quorum is present,
4) Section IX, Article A: Added a sentence stating that a two-thirds majority is required to pass a bylaw amendment.
5) Section IX, Article B: Revised language to say that when proposing an amendment it must be filed at least ninety days in advance of the notification required to be sent to the membership per Section II, Articles A and B.
The above five amendments have been incorporated into the bylaws posted on this site and will also be incorporated in the version of the bylaws published in the 2010 Assembly News.